Back Chat or Start a Conversation

A fun aspect of the presentation was the backchannel chat that occurred alongside the streamed version of the session. I can’t remember the name of the application Will used, but he videoed the session live and the viewers watching live were able to chat along as they watched the session.

The comments and quips came quick and fast as people asked questions, requested more info, passed comment and shared insights. Very enjoyable, but really fast paced and a little scary for a newbie 😉

“We write to connect – to publish as a mid point – to converse and engage. There is no final copy – we can articulate our ideas to a certain extent – but we put it out there to be read and to be pushed.

We publish because we want to engage in the conversation.

World Map is the child’s classroom. “I ask my readers”

Connective writing – real audience and real purpose to engage with people – to expand efforts and knowledge.”

Will walks the walk – his sessions really encouraged you to push your own ideas, and the chat with others also pushed Will’s ideas along as well.

Image: ‘speech‘ 
www.flickr.com/photos/98624608@N00/75288771

2 thoughts on “Back Chat or Start a Conversation

1. Hi there. The school i work at, is challanging any school on the planet to an online competition through the use of nintendo’s wiis. The aim is to foster links to other students around the world.

if you know of any school interested please feel free to pass my details on or email me.
    PS so far we only have two primary schools linked up and my year 9s feel its a bit unfair. They reon these year ones are far too good.

please email me if you get this or anyone else out there in the field of education with an eye for something innnovative that would be interested.

sincerely
    richard