Practice makes perfect

We’ve spent a few sessions towards the end of the term getting familiar with the wii controls. No-one in the class has a wii at home (yet – but they are all hinting and asking  🙂  ) so we have been working through the “teach yourself” activities/games.

I thought that we would start as a whole class group so that I could hear what they were thinking and saying to each other as we went along. The kids would have a turn at the activity and pass the wii controller on to someone else. This worked well as it gave the more confident kids the chance to show what they could do, and the shyer, less confident students could watch a few times before they were ready to have a go.

The class already had its “pecking order” of the most technologically skilled to less technologically skilled, but this posed a few surprises along the way and it was quite interesting to watch how the class (and the individuals) responded to performing better/worse than was expected.

Generally speaking our skills can only improve (top score of 3 rallies in ping-pong out of a possible 100 – embarrassing isn’t it   🙁   ) but lots of excitement, encouragement and hilarity as personal bests were reached (see above mentioned score of 3!!!!!!).

1 thought on “Practice makes perfect

1. Hi MrsP
    The Pwii is really really cool. It would take a few people some time to get used to the controler. It took me a while to get used to the controler. At first it was hard because everyone was screaming and yelling at me, telling me to dothis and do that.Then you came over and helped me with it.
    Tooooooooooodles 🙂